25.4.08

Trailer Tacos

I recently had the absolute pleasure (thank you Jaime) of partaking in what is fast becoming a new Austin landmark, Torchy's Tacos. While many might be a little concerned about the quality of food coming out of an Airstream trailer, fear not. With a highly varied menu, an exquisite line of sauces and reasonable prices, it's no wonder they have expanded to four downtown locations.

As it was my first time, I decided to go for the gusto and try a few different tacos. After a quick look at the menu, I chose the Green Chili Pork, The Republican, and the Fried Avocado. While all three were in fact delicious, my new personal Favorite Taco Ever, the Fried Avocado Taco, with 'hand battered fresh avocadoes fried and served with vegetarian refried beans, lettuce, pico, and cheese with poblano ranch on a corn tortilla', was out of this world. I will definitely be back to enjoy amazing tacos in a great atmosphere at a great price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tacos are definitley like heaven in your mouth, but the real "to die for" dish is their green chili queso. We'll have to order it next time!